"Insert Memory Stick" and "External Memory Not Responding" messages appear.
- A problem with the USB memory stick that plugs into the rear of your franking machine.
- You have turned on InView Accounting on your franking machine but are not using this feature.
Solution 1: Check the USB memory stick
- Check to make sure the USB memory stick is plugged in correctly.
- If the USB memory stick is missing or obviously damaged, please contact us.
If the memory stick is OK but you still see the error messages, try Solution 2 if you are using InView and Solution 3 if you do not use InView.
Solution 2: You are using InView accounting and seeing these messages
- Remove the power cord and wait ten seconds.
- Check the rear of your franking machine to ensure the USB memory stick is plugged in correctly.
- Plug in the power cord again.
- Wait for the meter to initialise and see if the error message is still showing.
If you still see the error messages, please contact us.
Solution 3: You do not use InView accounting and are seeing these messages
- Press Options.
- Select Accts.
- Enter the supervisor password if you are prompted and select OK to continue.
- Select Account Type: INVIEW/Budget Manager.
- When prompted, select Turn Accounting Off.
- Press Home to return to the Home screen.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.