The No Dial Tone message appears when you perform tasks that require you to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre, such as:
- Adding funds and checking your balance.
- Downloading rates and software updates.
Your franking machine lost its connection to the Data Centre.
The No Dial Tone message is a generic message for all connection methods, even those connected digitally via a SmartLink device, Communication Device or PC Meter Connect.
Solution 1: Check all physical connections
- Check that all wires and cables are securely connected to attached devices or computers.
- If digitally connected, check that your internet (wired or wireless) connection appears to be connected and operational in your location.
- Check if other devices in your location also lost their internet connections. If they have, follow your normal procedures to re-establish your internet connection or contact your internet provider.
- Ensure that you do not have a phone line connected to your franking machine.
If you still need help, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Restart your franking machine
- Remove the power cable from the back of the franking machine.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power lead back in.
If you still need help, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your connection method
Identify your connection method from the list and follow the link to the relevant troubleshooting article to learn how to restart your connection method:
- SmartLink device
- LAN (Ethernet device)
- PC Meter Connect
- Communication Device
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact us. If you still need assistance, please contact us.