Restart your franking machine and troubleshoot your connection method to resolve connection errors and messages.
Products affected: DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™ (PR20)
Error messages or codes appear when adding postage, performing data capture updates or performing a software download.
The franking machine cannot connect to the server.
There are two ways to troubleshoot this device; try them in this order:
- Restart your franking machine
- See the troubleshooting page for your connection method
Solution 1: Try another connection method
We recommend that you switch to a faster, more reliable digital connection.
If you still have issues, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Restart your franking machine
Follow these steps for a safe restart:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
If you still have issues after restarting, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your connection
- If your franking machine connects using a wired network (Ethernet) connection, see Troubleshooting LAN connection issues.
- If your franking machine connects through your computer using the PC Meter Connect software, see Troubleshooting connection issues with PC Meter Connect.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings.